From: Roy Hanson’s Child and Family Protection Association
Federal Government Takeover of Health Care
We are forwarding the following Action Alerts from the Citizens Council on Health Care (below on page one) and from HSLDA (following on page two). We urge you to please take the action requested at the bottom of page two. This affects all individuals and families. Additional details and resources on legislation, which would have the federal government take over our current system of healthcare can be found on our website: www.childandfamilyprotection.org.
Citizens Council on Health Care ACTION ALERT July 21, 2009
Dear Friends, Dangerous health care legislation is rapidly working its way through Congress. We need your help now to stop it.
H.R. 3200, and its U.S. Senate companion bill will:
- Drive physicians out of the medical profession.
- Encourage and facilitate health care rationing.
- Set up a new government health care plan to “compete” with private insurance.
This new government plan (the ‘public health insurance option’) will be subsidized by the federal government, eventually driving private health insurance out of business. The Lewin Group estimates that 119 million Americans could lose their private insurance and end up in the new government plan if the legislation becomes law.
Liberal members and potentially a few moderates in Congress are trying to fast-track this national health care bill before you figure out what they’re going to do to you and how bad it’s going to be. Not only do these members plan to set up a “Health Choices Administration” (Orwellian doublespeak!!!), they plan to:
- Force you to buy health insurance (a federal mandate means federal control).
- Force you to buy insurance from a federal (tracking) bureau, a “national health insurance exchange.”
- Force you to buy only federally “qualified” health insurance. • Force your doctor to share your medical data with the government.
- Force you to carry a federalized “machine-readable” ID card (national patient ID and tracking card). • Force you into socialized medicine and out of private treatment and insurance choices. • Force your doctor to work for the government, not you.
- Force you to pay higher taxes to cover the cost of losing your freedom.
Senate: Rumor has it the Baucus and Kennedy bills will merge after the Baucus bill emerges. Then the Senate Kennedy-Baucus bill will get a bill number.
House: The 1,018 page House bill, H.R. 3200, was being ‘marked up’ (amended) [in July]. Congressman Ron Paul, in “Yahoo! Finance”, reminds citizens that health care is not a right.
Remember: If health care is ever declared a “right”, government will decide what that “right” looks like, and it will be a promise of coverage, not a guarantee of care.
Let me encourage you to contact any and every member of Congress that you can!
Citizens’ Council on Health Care
1954 University Ave. W., Ste. 8
Saint Paul, MN 55104
Citizens’ Council on Health Care, a national health care policy organization located in St. Paul, Minnesota, supports freedom for patients and doctors, medical innovation, and the right to a confidential patient-doctor relationship.
ACTION ALERT from HSLDA
July 21, 2009
Calls Needed to Congress About National Healthcare Bill
William A. Estrada, Esq.
Director of Federal Relations
Urgent calls are needed to the U.S. House of Representatives and U.S. Senate to oppose H.R. 3200, “America’s Affordable Health Choices Act of 2009.” Although this bill does not directly impact homeschool freedoms, it would significantly impact parental rights and early childhood education. For more information, read HSLDA’s legislative summary of H.R. 3200.
While this bill is being promoted as a way to reform health care and help Americans, it should be opposed because it would:
- Spend billions of dollars to allow the federal government to fund home visitation programs, where government officials would enter homes and monitor children and instruct parents in how to raise their children;
- Encourage states to pressure families to enroll their children in these home visitation programs;
- Put the federal government in the healthcare business, resulting in loss of competition, loss of patient choice, and loss of patient freedom;
- Require all health insurance plans, whether offered by a private company or the government, to include controversial “essential benefits,” which courts or the Secretary of Health and Human Services may determine to include medical procedures which businesses and taxpayers may oppose on philosophical and religious grounds; and
- Increase the size and power of the federal government.
H.R. 3200 is President Barack Obama’s signature health care reform bill. While the United States has one of the best systems of private health care in the world, no one would disagree that reforms are needed. Unfortunately, H.R. 3200 has numerous flaws, and would create far more problems than it would fix. HSLDA is strongly opposed to H.R. 3200’s creation of home visitation programs for families and children, but other aspects of this 1,000-plus page bill are also troubling. HSLDA has written a detailed analysis of this bill, including references to where this bill would create the dangerous programs listed above.
Do not assume that Senator Feinstein’s and Senator Boxer’s minds are made up on this issue. We need to put the heat on them. The media would have you believe that there is no hope to defeat this national health care plan, but that is simply not the case. However, we must act now!
Please call your U.S. Representative and your two U.S. Senators, and ask them to oppose the federal government’s takeover of health care. You need not identify yourself as a homeschooler. You can use some or all of the following message:
VOTE NO on H.R. 3200, and the Senate’s Kennedy-Baucus bill (which has no number yet), or any other bill that includes:
- INDIVIDUAL INSURANCE MANDATE
- NATIONAL PATIENT ID (machine-readable federal tracking) CARD • GOVERNMENT-ISSUED TREATMENT PROTOCOLS
- HIGHER TAXES
- SOCIALIZED MEDICINE
- HOME VISITS for families with young children
Senator Feinstein (202) 224-3841
Senator Boxer (202) 224-3553
You can reach the Capitol Hill Switchboard at 202-224-3121, or you can find the contact information for your U.S. representative and your two U.S. senators at http://www.congressmerge.com/onlinedb. Please also forward this information to as many of your friends as you can and urge them to call their elected officials.